HUG National Conference Addresses Coronavirus
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Dear HUG National Conference Attendees/HUG Members,
We wanted to share a brief message regarding the emerging public health concerns posed by the novel coronavirus. We are closely monitoring updates from local and national public health authorities regarding the situation in communities where cases of the virus have been confirmed. At present, there is no information to suggest that there is an imminent risk to our annual national conference next month, primarily because the conference is in the US with US-based attendees. Fortunately, there is a limited number of confirmed cases in the United States. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is working with state and local governments to implement aggressive measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus. We are diligently following releases and guidelines from public health agencies and will take measures at our upcoming event to increase sanitization efforts and minimize the spread of germs. In addition, there are several easy ways that we can all take to help minimize the risk of exposure. These are the same basic steps we should be taking every day to help prevent the spread of illnesses such as the flu and the common cold:
- Wash your hands frequently. Keeping hands clean through improved hand hygiene is one of the most important steps we can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. In addition, having hand sanitizer readily available is always a good idea.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands. Put your used tissue in a waste basket and wash your hands after coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, or who appear to have symptoms of a respiratory illness.
- Avoid shaking hands
- Avoid touching your face
- Get your flu shot – it’s never too late
- Stay home if you are feeling ill; call your doctor to let them know your symptoms and travel history
With continued aggressive good hygiene, we can all do our part to help keep everyone healthy.
The Rosen Centre hotel staff will continue to put a stronger emphasis on “clean as you go” and with more frequency throughout all areas of the hotel. They are following these preventive steps to ensure guests and associates’ safety:
- Our housekeeping & lobby attendants, will maintain and follow the hotel standards for cleaning. Additionally, we are increasing the frequency in the commonly used areas such as” Public restrooms, door handles, elevator buttons, escalator railings, frequency used reception counter (Front Desk, Front Services, SPA, Food & Beverage outlets, … etc.).
- Provide sanitizers stations / dispensers around the hotel.
- Pump sanitizers will be placed at front desk stations, Concierge & Bell-Stand desk, hotel restaurants, shops and meeting space / meeting rooms.
We will continue to provide updates as the situation develops and new information becomes available. We look forward to seeing you next month!
HawkSoft User Group (HUG) Board of Directors
HUG National 2020 Planning Committee